Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beautiful Voices: Sharon Shiner

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Sharon Shiner. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

sharon shiner

My name is Sharon and I'm a divorced mom of 2 (a tween and a teen). I'm a fitness professional, a nutrition coach/personal chef and a doTerra wellness advocate. Through food, fitness and essential oils, I try my best to improve my client's lives, as well as my own. My home base is Boston :) You can find more information about Sharon's nutrition coaching here

What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

The biggest challenge I've faced is raising and parenting a child with special needs. My son Max, now almost 14, was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at age 6. Parenting Max was extremely challenging; because everyday brought new challenges, I had to have plan A, B, C, D etc to ensure that I could be equipped to handle anything that might come up. I was able to keep my sanity with exercise; I'm a fitness professional and I began lifting weights. As I became physically strong, I became mentally strong as well, and it powered me to handle any situation. Max is doing fantastic today, and I continue to lift weights to keep myself both physically and mentally strong.

What is the best piece of advice you've received?

The best piece of advice is actually a saying a friend told me, as I was leaving a career in corporate America and starting my own personal chef business. It was said by Anais Nin: "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage". This quote basically became my mantra, and I would repeat it to myself all the time. I even printed it out and put it above my desk to remind myself that I'm strong and that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.

What are your words of wisdom to other beauties out there?

Keep going. Even when things may not seem like they are going to get better, keep going. I've been at low places before and have climbed back up. There's always a solution, so seek it out. Lean on friends and family, ask for help.

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

The gym, lifting weights is where I feel most at peace. The empowerment I get from lifting a heavy weight up off the floor, or over my head, and back down to the floor is unmatchable. It makes me feel totally calm, and that everything can be taken care of. For me, there's nothing like it.

What do you do when you want to pamper yourself?

My go to for pampering is a pedicure - I love getting them!!! However lately, just dropping some essential oils into a diffuser, setting a hot bath with epsom salts and oils and soaking for a bit is the best pampering.

What is your favorite beauty secret or tip?

Annmarie's Coconut Body Oil!!! I put it on head to toe every day! I am convinced it is what keeps my skin looking so young.

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,

Annmarie Gianni
“Teaching People About Beauty From the Inside Out”
*****
(If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at info@annmariegianni.com.)

The following blog post Beautiful Voices: Sharon Shiner was originally published to: Annmarie Skin Care

No comments:

Post a Comment