Monday, February 13, 2017

Beautiful Voices: Cyndi McFarland

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Sharon Shiner. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

“I have been a “stay at home” mom for almost 13 years now. I prefer to call myself a Domestic Goddess or Domestic Administrator – depending on what my schedule for the day is. Although I’m college educated and have been successful at the many types of jobs I had before leaving the workforce, I don’t feel like my talents or sense of value to others is diminished by my domesticity. The skills I used in my job outside the home are the same skills I use in my MANY jobs inside the home.”

Who do you feel you are today?

Today I feel I am an expression of my Truth – a self empowered person who has been thriving with a Stage 4 breast cancer experience since 2012, without being diminished in anyway. I am self empowered through the choices I make with regard to my foods, supplements, relationships, medications, exercise choices, self care practices, spiritual practices, and energy practices.
I do not define myself in any way by the statistics of Western Medicine and have found my life to be changed permanently for the better by my response to my cancer experience.

I am NOT a cancer patient, someone with a cancer diagnosis, or someone who has cancer.
I am having an experience – an event with a beginning and an end; an end that I affirm I will surpass by many decades.
I did not chose my cancer experience, but I DID chose my response to it, and that is who I am today and will be in the future.

What event has defined your life?

There have been several events that have defined my life over the years, but the most recent one is the cancer experience I’m currently having.
It has changed my relationship with the Divine, others, energy, exercise, my personal time, my Spiritual Self, food and supplements, beauty and health care products, and with the way I manage my health in general.

What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

Overcoming being told I had a severely shortened life due to the new cancer experience I was having, and being made to feel helpless and hopeless because I was told I had no control over the outcome of my experience.

Shortly after my first conversation with my oncologist about my new experience, I had the blessing of having one of my surgeons share with me a LOT of information that was in my favor; as opposed to the doom and gloom information that my oncologist & her staff gave me. My surgeon also expressed a very positive, hopeful attitude and belief about my new experience which gave me a lot of strength to turn away from the false demise that Western Medicine and my oncologist had laid in my lap. I then realized I was NOT one of Western Medicine’s statistics, nor would I ever be.
In addition, a friend of mine told me to read a book by Dr. Bernie Siegel called Love, Medicine, & Miracles, and that gave me more strength to find the Truth about ALL the ways I was capable of bringing healing into my life, and to realize my oncologist was working for ME, not the other way around. It began a road of self empowerment that I paved with much research and many modalities.

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

Where – my yoga mat, in the sun, or in a quiet space such as a worship space or my bedroom.
When – My affirmation & meditation practice brings me the most peace, but I am a mess without my asana and pranayama practice so that obviously has a place of importance in my mental and emotional grounding. I have a short energy practice in my daily routine that makes me feel balanced and at One with the universe – I can’t imagine making the decision to skip it.

How does Annmarie’s mission fit into your lifestyle?

Annmarie makes products that I consider safe for my body as well as beneficial to my skin. Although I could use organic unrefined coconut oil on my face, I would rather eat that and put Annmarie’s products on my face instead. 🙂

What are your words of wisdom to other beauties out there?

Your self worth should be revealed to you by the love you have for yourself, and that self worth should be off the charts!

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,
Annmarie Gianni
*****

If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at newyou@annmariegianni.com

The following post Beautiful Voices: Cyndi McFarland was first published on Annmarie Gianni Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment