Thursday, June 15, 2017

Beautiful Voices: Morgan Carroll

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Morgan Carroll. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

Born and raised a Midwestern, Indiana girl, I’ve somehow found my post graduation, 24-year-old self living and working in the thriving metropolis of New York City. I’ve finally put my wild imagination to good use working as a creative strategy manager for an experiential events company. I live a random and quirky life with my three roommates down in the financial district, and I am loving every second of it.

Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

Books. If I am reading, it means I’m in a relaxed, focused and positive state of mind—exactly where I need to be in order to feel most inspired. I feel moved by even the smallest paragraphs, phrases or words from authors whose work I admire. As silly as it sounds, self-help books have changed my life. I always read with a pen in hand, in case I feel the need to flip open my notebook and write a thought, feeling, concern or idea.

What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

I was born with a rare eye disease called congenital cataracts and wore coke bottle glasses until I was 12 years old. The glasses magnified my eyes in a way that caused other children, and even adults, to stare and ask me questions. Learning to cope with the insecurity and self-doubt during this time in my life and come to terms with the repercussions after changing my physical look with contacts will always be one of my biggest challenges. I’m still learning to love myself from the inside first, and then out, which is something I feel lucky to be working towards. Not everyone understands the importance of nurturing self-esteem, but once you do, you can find beauty and power in almost anything.

If money was no object what would you be doing?

Building properly managed homes for children in underdeveloped and third world countries. So in the meantime, I’ll be working as a creative strategist for a startup experiential events company. I mean, you see the parallels right? Yeah, me neither.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

One time I was complaining to my younger brother about a problem I was continually facing with a fellow classmate in my college marketing class. My straightforward and incredibly hardworking brother, Max, who struggled to graduate high school and never even considered attending college, said to me: “Morgan, your life is like algebra. You just need to simplify it.” I will never forget those hilariously poignant words and I repeat almost daily. Morgan, just simplify it.

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

I started a routine about a year and a half ago of writing a letter, note or thank you card to someone in my life every single day. Somehow, someway, I have kept this tradition alive, and accumulated quite the card collection along the way. I feel most at peace when I am sitting on my bed, at my desk, or next to my coffee table, putting pen to paper to share words of admiration, appreciation and joy with the people in in my life I care about the most. I record each and every person I write in my planner, finding the process to be very therapeutic.

What do you do when you want to pamper yourself?

I simply pour bubbles into the tub, grab my latest self-help read and take a bath. Cliché? Absolutely. The answer to all of life’s daily trials and tribulations? Positively.

What are your words of wisdom to other beauties out there?

Simplify it.

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,
Annmarie Skin Care

(If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at newyou@annmariegianni.com.)

The following post Beautiful Voices: Morgan Carroll was first published on Annmarie Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment