Monday, July 3, 2017

Our Cup of Tea; Summertime Edition

Our Cup of Tea is Annmarie Skin Care’s monthly series featuring the team members’ favorite things! From recipes to workouts to nights on the town, we’ll share the things we love with you. You’ll get to know our team a little better and who knows, you might just find a new favorite thing.

How excited are you for the summer sun? Even though we live in California, where the sun shines year round, we’re acutely aware of the longer days and hotter afternoons. It’s a beautiful time of year where the flowers are fully open and the days feel like they go on forever.

This month we wanted to share our favorite summer traditions with you. Maybe you do the same thing, or maybe you’ll love one of these ideas from our team.

Gwen

Every summer growing up, my family went camping in either Big Sur or Death Valley for at least a week at a time. My favorite memories have taken place during these trips. Because of this, I make it a point to go camping at least once every summer. There’s nothing like waking up with the sun in a tent and spending the day swimming in the nearest body of water.

Abby

My favorite summertime tradition is going to the Yuba River near Nevada City—it’s most beautiful river in California! Oh and let’s not forget Burning Man, eight years running 😉

Leah

Going to Point Reyes/Dillon Beach is one of my favorite summer traditions. It has something for everyone, seaside charm, great local food, beaches, hikes, and a spa featuring cedar baths nearby!

Aubrey

I’m from Michigan so it’s cold for most of the year, which means I have to capitalize on the summer sunshine. Since childhood my favorite summertime activity is laying in the grass all day on a blanket reading. I even had a favorite blanket to lay on, it had Disney’s Lion King characters on it.

Jasmine

My parents have had a houseboat for most of my life, so my summers have been taken up by hanging out with friends in our bathing suits all day, wakeboarding, tubing, and listening to Bob Marley. It is still the thing I look forward to most about the summer coming!

Chandra

My favorite summertime activity is driving out to a trail that is also near a body of water. I like to catch a hike before the sun gets blazing hot and once it reaches pretty high heat, I like to take a nice dip in the ocean or river and then soak up the rays until the water on my skin and bathing suit dries up 🙂

Lauryn

My summer tradition my whole life has been visiting my grandfather’s house in Las Vegas, Nevada. My whole family goes and we just veg out at the pool, cook, read, laugh, drink and head to the strip for a nice dinner. Its one of my favorite times of year. My grandfather unexpectedly passed away last year and I had a baby, so now our trips out there to see his wife and feel his presence will be a whole new experience. I can’t wait to get my 5 month old son in his pool <3

Do you have a favorite summertime tradition? Let us know in the comments below!

The following post Our Cup of Tea; Summertime Edition was first published on Annmarie Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment