Thursday, August 17, 2017

Beautiful Voices: Margaret Hansen

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Margaret Hansen. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

Margaret is a teacher, a visionary, and a leader. She believes that within each of us is a dream to live big, live passionately, and live authentically! Creator and owner of Journeys of Serendipity, Margaret provides workshops and retreats for women to awaken to the sovereignty of their soul and discover their Divine power and strength. She is also a certified instructor of Infinite Possibilities and Desire Map Workshops.  

Who do you feel you are today? What event has defined your life?

I feel that I am an evolving soul who is now living authentically and passionately. Most of my life, I felt I needed to meet others’ expectations (parents, teachers, boyfriends, friends, etc.) in order to validate my self-worth. I thought it was more important to please others than listen to my own needs. Took me almost 60 years to discover my greatest joy is within me, following my own heart and simply being myself! I learned that I am perfect in my own imperfections. I learned to love all of me!

The event that defined my life was when I chose to give birth to my son as a single parent. My family was very supportive of my choice. Raising my son on my own was a challenge. However, it was truly a gift. It gave me the opportunity to rely on my inner strength and intuition to raise him to become the amazing man he is today. He has chosen a beautiful wife and they have created my beautiful granddaughter! Life is good!

If money were no object, what would you be doing?

Traveling all over the world!! Currently, I’ve traveled to about 40 countries and have many more that I still want to visit. Since 1998, I’ve led groups of adults around the world to experience foreign culture and tradition. I believe that we are all connected globally and that we can learn so much about ourselves and others by immersing ourselves deeply in culture authentically. It really turns me on to plan an exciting trip and then dive into a new place!

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

To follow my heart and do what gives me joy. When I have a decision to make, I ask my heart: “What’s true for me?” I’ve learned that when I listen to the wisdom of my soul, it always guides me to the perfect choice……….and exactly what my soul needs!

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

When I am meditating and listening quietly for the wisdom of my soul. There is no better place!

What makes you feel beautiful?

Walking in nature, playing my favorite music, dancing to the beat of an upbeat tune, soaking in a warm bubble bath, meditating under my cozy afghan, pampering myself with a manicure and pedicure, enjoying a sensual massage, sharing laughter with friends.

What’s your favorite beauty secret or tip?

Get plenty of restful sleep and take time to go within for quiet reflection. Remember that you are a goddess, divinely created and exquisite!

What are your words of wisdom to other beauties out there?

Follow your heart! Learn to listen to your heart and trust what it is telling you. When making a decision, always follow your heart over your mind. It will never fail you.

Live authentically! Love yourself…all of you! Discover what you enjoy and do those things that bring you joy. Be yourself, speak your truth and do not be concerned about what others think. It took me decades to learn this lesson!

Live passionately! With everything you do, do it with all your heart! When you are living passionately, you glow! Everyone will be attracted to your inner beauty shining, but what matters most is that you feel incredible!

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,
Annmarie Skin Care

(If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at newyou@annmariegianni.com.)

The following post Beautiful Voices: Margaret Hansen was first published on Annmarie Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment