Monday, May 15, 2017

Beautiful Voices: Gail Dailey

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Gail Dailey. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

Who do you feel you are today? What event has defined your life?

A better version of who I was 77 years ago. Coming to the place where I had to make a decision to end my marriage – That there were no positives coming to anyone in staying. I have made many changes and I am proud of where I am and the confidence in knowing I may still have fear but I can get through it.

What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

Divorce – and being out of the job market for 20 years. During that time my skills were no longer useful – I had learned to be a business admin on a typewriter and now it was all about computers!! I taught myself how to use Windows suite – Word, Excel and all the bits and pieces by asking questions every time someone came to my desk as a Customer Service Rep – soon I was an Executive Assistant with skills – I also reached out to a wonderful therapist to teach me how to believe and trust in who and what I was.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

Believe in yourself and never give up – If it doesn’t work one way find another but keep going!

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

Either when I am with my family – the good men who are my sons and the beautiful loving families they created – or I built a beautiful garden on the back of my home – I lugged and dug and planted and I sit and look and feel proud of what I created

What does beauty mean to you? And what are your words of wisdom to other beauties out there?

To be a good, honest and truthful person who takes good care of all that I have been given and not beat myself up or compare myself but finally accept that what I am is beautiful – sounds trite but its true. Wisdom is – I always felt that I wasn’t very pretty – and one day I was looking through about 20 years of photo albums and I kept thinking wow I really wasn’t ugly then and as I kept going I realized it was my own low opinion that was ugly and I made a decision to think better thoughts about my looks.

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,
Annmarie Skin Care

(If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at newyou@annmariegianni.com.)

The following post Beautiful Voices: Gail Dailey was first published on Annmarie Gianni Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment