Sunday, May 14, 2017

Beautiful Voices: Gigi Hurley

Beautiful Voices is our ongoing blog series that highlights inspiring, empowering women. Our most recent Beautiful Voice is Gigi Hurley. See what she says when Annmarie asks her some questions about her own personal beauty.

This May, to celebrate Mother’s Day, we are featuring several mothers as our “Beautiful Voices.” Check out Gigi’s story and responses to the questions below:

Who do you feel you are today?

Today, I feel proud of the person I’ve become at 63+. To get to this point in my life, I’ve had to overcome decades of insecurity; chronic bad health; anxiety; serious depression at some point when I would beg to never wake up again, and many other emotional disappointments as it happens in most people’s lives.
But through rock solid perseverance and self-taught disciplines, I am learning how to be happier and healthier, so I can keep giving love and my attention to others as well.

What event has defined your life?

My most important event in my life was becoming a mother to my daughter and son. Having been born very maternal, and after growing up playing with dolls as if they were truly my children, I became really fulfilled when I delivered my babies. Today, I’m a grandmother of a sweet baby girl with whom I get a third chance to feel delighted about giving a lot of affection to another little one.

What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

My biggest challenge is still taking place as I write this, since after being diagnosed with Graves disease at 18, I not only ate like a lioness ever since, but started bingeing more and more thus becoming addicted to sugar and simple carbs for years within a family where Insulin dependent Diabetes has affected direct family members.
I am trying as best as I can to overcome my food addiction which had started to seriously worsen my already chronic health issues. I know that compared to other deadly addictions, mine doesn’t seem to be a serious challenge, but still, it very much is so for me, especially now that I’m a senior with autoimmune disease.
Due to the aforementioned rock solid perseverance and after implementing even more strict eating and non-drinking habits, I am thankfully starting to see some positive changes in my health.
Annmarie’s high-quality products are part of this new journey towards a better life, and I’m grateful for everything good in it!

Where and when do you feel most at peace?

I feel most at peace in Nature, especially in the Rocky Mountains’ forests, like the ones I used to trek in Colorado. I miss the level of awe that invaded my soul every time my husband and I would reach one of its mountain lakes. Such peaceful beauty and tranquility!
Ever since I was a little girl growing up in a very busy large city, I could feel the healing magic that would take place when my family and I would drive away towards the beaches and the ocean, just at a walking distance from my parents’ summer home. Reading a book on that warm sand is one of my treasured memories of my youth.

If money were no object, what would you be doing?

If spending large amounts of money and thus I had no economic concerns for my future, I would choose to travel the world, staying in beautiful hotels/lodgings when available; eating the most delicious foods; getting a massage daily and getting to see every country out there which is by far the best way to acquire culture.
Then, in between more trips, I would go back to my stunning home surrounded by fruit trees, a vegetable garden and a creek that would also provide me with the soothing sound of running water, a primary source of life…and what a life that would be!

Isn’t she beautiful?

Much Love,
Annmarie Skin Care

(If you’re interested in being featured as one of our Beautiful Voices, please email us at newyou@annmariegianni.com.)

The following post Beautiful Voices: Gigi Hurley was first published on Annmarie Gianni Skin Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment